Waxing random on the mundane, the funny, the soap operatic, miscellaneous mishaps, relationships, the philosophical, God, the abstract as well as the concrete, blah blah blah...

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Me? Cry?

It probably only happens once in a greaaaat long while. But these hormones sometimes surprise me.

For the record, I'm not big on the use of PMS as an excuse for bad behavior. I can see someone feeling moody, weepy or cranky,... but I have a hard time accepting flat-out meanness to other people and blaming it on the PMS.

Well, this may be the only time I'll post about it- I'll try not to be too TMI. It is a fact of life, I am a woman, and doggone it, who am I to pretend that I'm not one?

So anyways, I've been a little "off" lately. It's really bad when my monthly friend is late. I've been awaiting the visit now for,... oh, more than 2 weeks (not my regularly scheduled program). Normally, before these visits, I may feel a little sad and go into hiding, but this time-- now that my friend just arrived-- I've been downright weepy. It's like tiny things set me to tears. And I'm not a cryer, usually. So I can't think of any other reason 'cept the PMS.

I think the last time I had a stupid crying fit was during college. The thing is, I don't actually feel THAT bad, but the tears come whether I like it or not. And it's not just tears, it's the whole runny nose, puffy eyes, bawling kind of thing... today my eyelids are still puffy.
(John is a strong man to have to deal w/ me - sorry about last night, luv, I'm okay, really)

I think I'm writing this so I can explain myself before anyone feels bad that they made me cry. It's not the case- chances are, it's just the darn hormones and there's really no other reason. It's probably about to pass anyways. Seriously, nothing has happened lately that really warrants full-out bawling. You may say something funny to me and I'll cry.

I feel so weird.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home