Waxing random on the mundane, the funny, the soap operatic, miscellaneous mishaps, relationships, the philosophical, God, the abstract as well as the concrete, blah blah blah...

Monday, June 20, 2005

Like the Sands in the Hourglass...

Oy. Just got out of an all day meeting. I said, ALL DAY MEETING. It was stuff I'm interested in, but boy, am I bushed-- my eyes are starting to cross and I'm feeling kinda loopy because of the inordinate amounts of caffeine I ingested to prevent myself from dozing off in front of the company president and my two bosses.

I want to go home and relax ... but I'm feeling a bit wound up now. So much to do work-wise, since it's getting close to those dreaded deadlines... and I have a lot of other obligations and things I need to do outside of work. Ah, Monday, how I love thee...

Outside of work, I am trying to figure out how to balance things. I guess it's more a matter of priorities. And, I am learning what it's like to be in a dating relationship that seems to be going places. So naturally, some of the priorities are shifting. But I'm not minding a whole lot. I find it an interesting process and even though it's often about learning about another person's character, preferences, aspirations, concerns and quirks -- I find it interesting that I'm surprising myself by how I respond and what's changing inside me. I so totally think God is behind these new lessons and the timing of this new adventure. In some ways, I don't think I could have been better prepared to handle this unless I had gone through what I've been through in the past up to this point. And I like how I'm growing now. One of the things I pray about is to be unselfish and that I can grow more to put someone before myself. Some of you have read my blogs before on dating-- and the one thing I hope I can follow through on is the desire to put the other person before myself. I've always thought that it's a really beautiful thing when two people can do that for each other and be Christ-like in that way. So here's to hoping things work out and that we both get really good at trusting God on this crazy thing called love and all things that come with it. Prayers coveted and appreciated.

Happy... :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home