Waxing random on the mundane, the funny, the soap operatic, miscellaneous mishaps, relationships, the philosophical, God, the abstract as well as the concrete, blah blah blah...

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Pat Robertson Irritates Me

Irritating... Pat Robertson.

The Christian in me feels a bit defensive, and kinda of embarrased at the same time- Christians are often the butt of jokes because Christianity, these days, is not exactly a popular thing... and everyone equates Christians with the fundamentalist, right-wing, condemning types seen on television.

As a believer in Christ, and someone who is trying to figure out what that means on a daily basis, I have to say that I think there are many of us out there who don't necessarily agree with Mr. Robertson... and that there are many of us who do our best to demonstrate Christ's grace and love in an authentic, and humble way, on a personal level, and hopefully, use our imperfect lives as a testimony that can impact other lives for the better.

How's this? I refuse to ever vote for Pat Robertson. I can't stand the idea of the Christian Coalition. I'm not even a big fan of Focus on the Family or James Dobson. Maybe I've just offended a ton of evangelicals (go ahead, revoke my card, my citizenship lies elsewhere anyways), but I'm really annoyed with Christian big shots who get a little carried away with the soapboxes they've been given to stand on. Lots of people look to them to lead... I think people who are that visible need to be careful about what they say and audiences need to not blindly believe everything that is suggested or opined on. Be careful, people!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home