my big fat chinese weekend
re-cap of the weekend--
Friday- had some great girl time w/ one o my chickies. Had Chinese/Korean food and got to really encouraging each other on various things happening in our lives. Very needed. Great to have friends who speak the truth in love and really watch our for each other. That's all I gotta say. he only thing was I drank too much tea that evening and ended up waking up 3 times not realizing that it was the caffeine in the tea. Took me til noon on Saturday to feel like I really got it out of me. I can be so silly sometimes.
Saturday- family friend's wedding... very big. cool to see people I haven't seen in awhile, kinda odd since I feel so distant from the whole chinese thing. Told John that it's like having a big family-it's just a part of you. weird: hints from mom about taking notes for my own wedding (which is more of a concept, rather than a plan at this point)... cool: chocolate fondue fountain and John's reaction when he realized that there was going to be free-flowing chocolate. Also, getting to talk about stuff we liked when it comes to weddings. And,... happy to have brought someone waaaay neat with me to the wedding. Weird: talking about weddings (but no one really said anything like "when's your turn?") Fun: Playing with our food.
Sunday: church at HBC w/ John. Good message re: God's will. Cool to know we have a lot of choice. Worship was really good too. Needed to take a little time to worship God and also let go of some stuff-- like feeling sad/disappointed about certain friendships and certain expectations I've had for them. Realized I am very sensitive about things like loyalty and being proactive in relationships. Realized I suck at letting go. Sometimes friendships just fizzle... and there's nothing you can do about them. And yes, people hurt you. That's just life. God experiences this all the time, I think.... so when I compare how I've been feeling with the way I am towards God sometimes, it's rather humbling. So I forgive and move on. Sometimes, it just takes me a little longer to realize this. sigh. (Still, it was good to go back to HBC for a service- made the decision to start attending Sundays w/ John at his church, so I'm a process of transition.)
After, rested awhile and had some leftovers for lunch. Rested some more. Drove to the folks' area to shop for stuff for John's apt. Did the mall rat thing for a little while. Found Darrick a card, went to the gaming store w/ John and found a couple of Fart-themed games. Interesting. Went to the folks' and rested some more. Darrick's b-day was Sat. so we had the family dinner thing on Sunday night at Yu's Mandarin (yummy homemade noodles and etc.). Darrick invited his gfriend and her fam so it was a big family thing. Darrick was very happy to receive his gifts... which included our contribution of some big heavy sword thing we found in Chinatown a few weeks ago. Can't say I've ever bought weapons w/ someone I've dated before. Lots of firsts recently.
After this weekend, I'd say it was a success. Except I felt a little overwhelmed w/ the bigness of everthing, I think. Much to pray about and much to trust God with. Everything so far is good-- but sometimes when I think about all the little decisions to make and etc. it can feel waaay huge. Also, I realize I have many faults and much work to do. Not beating myself up for this fact--it's just true, as always. But, since I'm in a relationship, I'm feeling much more aware of my shortcomings. But maybe that's what relationships are for-- to make us better people. Anyhow, very happy, but needing prayer. :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home