Waxing random on the mundane, the funny, the soap operatic, miscellaneous mishaps, relationships, the philosophical, God, the abstract as well as the concrete, blah blah blah...

Monday, August 15, 2005

Adventures in Chocolate

Yesterday, John and I visited this amazing little shop called Ethel's Chocolate Lounge. Oh boy, it was really neat- beautifully made little chocolate truffles, cremes, nuts, toffees, caramels, liquor-infused ones - drool, oops 'scuse me- and more. What I particularly thought beautiful was the gold-dusted chocolate/fruit confections like the Raspberry or Key lime ones. Almost too pretty to eat. Unfortunately/Fortunately,we purchased a box of 2 dozen assorted chocolates (which we hand-picked) to take home and admire/drool over/consume with much enthusiasm. I am looking forward to trying the Yum Rum and the truffles. Sigh- I get dreamy thinking about the chocolate. What's nice about Ethel's is that they have a comfy atmosphere- the staff is friendly and you can sit down on the couches and enjoy a fondue for 2- for about $15-$18. Armed w/ a 15% off coupon (upon purchase- on the receipt for the box), I think we'll be back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home