New Job
So in case you hadn't heard, I've been "passively looking" for a new job the last few months. Kind of a leave-it-up-to-God thing. I mean, I posted the online resume and I maybe submitted a few applications,... but really, it was sort of passive.
Last week, it worked! Someone found me and it looks to be a great fit.
Later in March, I'll be working in Glenview for a interactive company, and I'll be specializing in online content and special creative projects. The guy they just brought in was in charge of marketing functions at monster.com and I'll be sitting next to the SEO guy (Search Engine Optimization). This will be a great opportunity to rub shoulders with smart people and re-energize me, boost the career skill set, and prime future work at online companies ... a wise career move, as my interests have always been in the creative and interactive area and the best projects I've managed always ran along those lines.
This is after several months of feeling that I've outgrown the current job and become depressed about it even though the job in of itself, is a good one,... but it's just time to specialize and hone my skills, learn new things and get out while I am still flexible.
The other consideration is that my current company is not mother-friendly and having a baby there would basically ensure no alternatives to quitting. Not that we're expecting,... but it is reasonable to consider this facet as we will likely be considering having a little critter or two in the next five years. And it's not like I will necessarily continue working, but I have yet to decide if that is the only option - and I'd like to think that a good company would be supportive of its educated, highly trained female employees. Interactive industries are a better place for this and a more progressive company would be more likely to be flexible on family issues.
So... Glenview... we may have to consider moving again...
Anyhow, happy happy. :)

3 Comments:
Congratulations, Heidi!
2:36 PM CST
good for you. And probably good to think ahead like that.
9:00 PM CST
Uh, I think it was your birthday yesterday, though it still feels like yesterday is still today for me. Anyhoo, wanted to wish you a happy birthday (unless it wasn't your birthday, then forget I said anything). And congrats on the new job (unless it wasn't your birthday then I don't need to say "And" just "Congrats on the new job" cause you would have forgotten I said happy birthday like I asked, so the "And" would have been confusing and you should forget this last part too). ?????
4:57 AM CST
Post a Comment
<< Home