Waxing random on the mundane, the funny, the soap operatic, miscellaneous mishaps, relationships, the philosophical, God, the abstract as well as the concrete, blah blah blah...

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

lapse

So I've lapsed in my blogging... mostly becuase I haven't had much to say, or too much to do and am overwhelmed or just kinda lost in thought. Can't tell.

I will say that I've been contemplating a job change... not sure on definitives yet. I know that the feeling of dread is usually precedent to a job change for me. And I want to change scenery and environment. I like my co-workers, but I'm out of love with my job.

What's positive is that I've started freelancing/volunteering for graphic design work at church, but I'm not too impressed with the church's organization. I may opt out if it gets too much... but for now, it's a nice respite from the day-to-day. I get to flex my visual creative muscles at least and can add to my portfolio.

Not sure on which local church we'll end up going to-- still can't figure it out. One church stands behind its artists and supports ministry in creative arts and communications... another church provides realistic ways to get into commmunity... the other doesnt' seem as well organized when it comes to getting people assigned to small groups. John and I are a little lost right now in terms of where to go.

I will say that being married can be a lonely social experience because we don't exactly fit in with hip young adult groups (we're skewing older, I think we're still hip tho), we don't fit in with old people as well though we like learning from them, we're trying out ways to hang w/ a variety of people and we are meeting a lot of weird middle aged people who have social issues. It's not like we are not friendly- i think we're just in this weird place, and the suburbs can be an isolating place to be. Granted, we're not your typical 30-something married couple.. we can't be, because I have few references for that, seeing as how we've not met very many out here.

So I guess the bottom line here is that a lot of stuff is undefined right now and there's change brewing. It doesn't feel comfortable and sometimes I am a little overwhelmed. There's been a change in identity, a change in passions and perhaps a new adventure ahead. Ahead is a new awakening.

:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home