A New Hobbit Hole
Based on recent conversations with the roomie, I'm thinking that John and I will have to start our lives together in a new place, somewhere between where I currently live and the city.
In a way, I will miss my apartment- for its spaciousness, large kitchen and 3rd bedroom. At the same time, it will be neat to start over in a place where we will create new memories and figuring out how to live with each other. The challenge will be trying to get everything moved into the new place likely within a month of the wedding and making sure everything gets hooked up properly. I'm also looking forward to running our home together and welcoming others into something that's uniquely us.
In the meantime, I've been doing some cleaning and throwing some things away. Already I have 3 large garbage bags full of clothes to donate to charity. And I'm thinking about which things to give away and which things to take to my mother's. I'm thinking of giving my sister the microwave, dishes, toaster oven, pots and pans, etc. Good thing she's moving into an unfurnished apt. Maybe I will loan her my acoustic-electric guitar until I'm moved in for awhile.
So stay tuned.. I may list some things I'll give away or sell :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home