sniffly, but loved
So I got sick this past weekend and had to stay home, alone, with my miserable self. I was cold and achy, had major sniffles and stuffiness, headache, etc.
And since I felt a little better after sleeping 13 hours straight on Sunday night, I went to work Monday morning. After a few meetings, it started to become apparent that I was feeling worse-- but I couldn't go home because I still had to practice and set up for my presentation this morning. Not to mention that there was still a lot of things for me to write a report for and quite a few people I still had to consult with on a variety of issues, many related to the presentation.
Soemtimes, when you're sick, it's hard when there's no one around to take care of you... and also I missed John very much, and he lives in the city. I was frustrated, sick, lonely, tired, and feeling so sorry for myself- I went to the bathroom and cried. After a short time in the bathroom, I got myself back together and went right back to work. A short time later, I got a phone call from the receptionist who let me know that I had a delivery up front. Yep, John sent me a dozen, beautiful, long-stemmed roses along with a loving message.
For some people, flowers might be a normal occurence. But 1) I've never actually received flowers from anyone who loved me and 2) it really made me feel better that John surprised me and did what he could to make me feel better, just when I was feeling hopeless and forgotten.
I am so grateful to the Lord for a fiancee/future husband who is trying his best to understand me and my emotional states. It's not like I wig out all the time, but y'know, I have some hard days. And sometimes, I don't know how to ask for what I need because sometimes I'm not sure what I need, or how I'm really feeling. And I hate admitting weakness. I like to think I'm tough... but it's when I'm weak I realize how needy I really am. And I'm always amazed when someone, anyone, sees it and comes to the rescue. And although I know God is always here, it's great to receive tangibly now and then- it's a kind reminder that life is best when not lived alone.
My fiancee is the best!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home