Waxing random on the mundane, the funny, the soap operatic, miscellaneous mishaps, relationships, the philosophical, God, the abstract as well as the concrete, blah blah blah...

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Meow! I feel catty and angsty!

So I guess I haven't blogged in awhile- partially because I'm still recovering from the holidays? Could also be that I haven't had much to write about lately. Not that I've been sitting around, twiddling my thumbs or anything... but I know I have developed some strong opinions as of late:

1) I am very much loathing Chicago(land) traffic these days. Bad drivers seem to be proliferating like never before. My usual 10-15 minute trip home has become a major source of frustration lately. City buses are the bane of my existence and senior drivers plague my morning commute. A pox on obstructive drivers! Especially the ones who block entire intersections.

2) The bridal/wedding industry is full of people who view me like a giant dollar sign. How about treating me like a person and not some stupid ignoramus with poor aesthetic sense who can't see through your dumb "service" fees, delivery fees, and other fees. And all for cut-rate quality service and products. I think I hit the wall last week and basically gave the industry the equivalent of a middle finger when I ordered my 100% silk gown from Amazon (which I received within a week! Take that House of Brides- three months, my butt!) and did a test order of farm-fresh flowers (which I was able to strip, trim, and tie into a very lovely, professional looking hand-tied bouquet for about $20. Take that, florists! $250 for a bouquet, shyeah right!). Now, I do not want to have a "cheap" wedding.... this is the only time I will be doing this, and I want to do it right. However, there is a limit to what I'm willing to deal with, and the gown and flowers issue was getting very ridiculous. So- wedding industry, I shake my fists at you!!!

3) I'm on a new medication and diet which are probably responsible for some of my recent snippyness. Maybe not necessarily responsible, rather allow me to be more susceptible to my recent mood of late. Add to that, my standing in a bridal store surrounded by a gaggle of yappy women who need their 13 bridesmaids to come with them to the store to provide a critique for each of the 20 or so bridal gowns they try on, and it doesn't take much to get my blood pressure up. That, plus the weather being nasty. Agh!

1 Comments:

Blogger John said...

Wow, you're hot when you get really pissed.

2:23 PM CST

 

Post a Comment

<< Home