i like my life
Contentedness. Despite any little shortcomings or ambitions to flesh out still, I feel content with my life. I really like being in this place. I'm old enough to appreciate the lessons of my youth, but not so old that I don't have any more lessons to learn. Sure, there's plenty for me to do, and many ways I can still improve myself,... but as far as circumstances go, I am rather grateful for what I have.
I've been thinking that maybe a major component of contentedness is being perpetually grateful.
Lately, I've been thinking a lot about the things I am most thankful for... (in no particular order)
- grace to overcome
- family and friends who love me despite myself
- skills. "bow hunting skills, nunchuk skills,..." there's a lot of stuff I've been blessed with the ability and confidence to do. So I've never really felt completely trapped by my decisions in life,... indecisive, maybe,... but not trapped.
- john. (sigh) -- just the right amount of goofing around, teasing, laughing, playing, praying, talking, not talking, being together, being apart, being romantic, joking, figuring out stuff together, surprises... oh yes, and thumbwrestling...! Plus, he's cute, to boot. :D
- decent job. i can be creative everyday and get paid for it.
- random experiences that teach me everyday that God is always present.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home